The 4th of July is just around the corner, so I thought I’d visit my favorite photo school to get some pointers to share with you. I wish I had researched this last year. I got some good shots, but this article has it all. Key points:
- Use a tripod.
- Use a cable release or wireless remote to trigger the shutter if you have one.
- Turn on Long Exposure Noise Reduction.
- Shoot the highest quality file you can. …
- Set the camera to a low ISO, such as 200.
- A good starting point for aperture is f/11.
I am going to have much better shots this year. Like I said, I liked my photos, but I am expecting much better results this year.